I’m used to eating bok choy when I eat out and never tried to make it at home. I was looking for a healthy meal between 400 and 600 calories to have while I do Isagenix Nutritional Cleansing 30-day system and came up with this recipe. I did a bit of research on the health benefits of bok choy and discovered that this “white cabbage”
- Helps prevent certain cancer
- is rich in beta-carotene
- reduces the risk of cataracts
- is also an excellent source of folic acid
It took me less than 15 minutes to prepare this recipe of 4 servings and knowing the health benefits of bok choy, I put it in my list of favorites.
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 4 salmon fillet
- sea salt to taste
- ground black pepper
- Trader Joe’s black pepper sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds bok chok cut into 1 1/2 in. pieces
- hot salsa (optional)
- cast iron or oven safe skillet
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- Season salmon fillet with sea salt and Trader Joe’s black pepper sauce and let stand for 5 minutes
- Preheat the oven at 475%
- spray cooking spray into cast iron skillet and place in oven for about 2 minutes
- When cast Iron is heated, place the salmon fillet and bake 3 minutes 1/2 each side. Then remove from skillet and set fillet aside.
- Add bok choy to same skillet, spray a little more cooking oil, and spread the garlic over the bok choy. Leave in oven for 2 minutes unlit leaves are wilted.
Serve the bok choy with salmon and 1 tbsp of hot salsa which is optional. You can also add 1/2 cup of brown rice or 4 ounces of baked sweet potato for a complete dinner. And Voila!